Stephanie Thomas is a Disability Fashion Styling expert, tastemaker and keynote speaker. For 26 years she’s researched clothing and retail trends exclusively for people with disabilities, but as a congenital amputee she’s basically been a “disability fashion stylist all her life”. In her TEDx Talk, highlighted by TED as one of seven talks by people with disabilities breaking down barriers for people with disabilities, she shares how her hobby became her life’s work. Stephanie’s personal and professional experience enables her to bring a fresh, inclusive approach to fashion styling. Guided by her Disability Fashion Styling System™, today she’s:
- the go-to stylist in Hollywood for actors and influencers with disabilities.
- the trusted stylist for brands interested in engaging fashion customer’s with disabilities.
- the author/editor of the anthology, Fitting In: The Social Implications of Fashion and Dressing with Disabilities
Her commitment to using fashion as a tool to increase employment opportunities for people with disabilities, goes beyond her personal work. She serves on the Zappos Adaptive Advisory Counsel and the Board of Directors of No Limits Media. In addition, Stephanie is helping to expand the conversation around beauty by partnering with non-disability related brands like Beautycon Media .
Prior to working as a Disability Fashion Styling expert she worked in television and radio for over a decade as an on-air personality. Today, Stephanie uses her media experience as a:
- thought leader on television, discussing disability through the lens of dress management
- fashion journalist on cur8able.com the blog she founded to curate clothing, footwear, and accessories for people with disabilities
- host of the new podcast Twenty-Six and Counting...which refers to the number of years she’s followed the adaptive fashion sector.
When it comes to decompressing, Stephanie’s must have’s include faith practices, travel, yoga, reading, dance and plenty of laughter over brunch with friends.
Be Style-ABLE Blogazine
[August 1, 2014]
IZ Adaptive: Spring Looks
Disabled Life Media [January 27, 2014]
Disabled Life Media [March 27, 2014]
Ask Stephanie Disability Fashion Advice Column
Disabled Life Media [March 10, 2014]
Ironside You Need Better Clothes
Abledbody [October 1, 2013]
Join My Latest Fashion Crusade
Abledbody [March 1, 2013]
How to Dress for Success in a Wheelchair.
Abledbody [June 4, 2012]
Think Beyond the Label [March 3, 2012]
Inclusive Design: Could the Answer Be in a Capsule?
Abledbody [October 14, 2011]
Left Hand Style Blog
Lefthandstyle Blog [September 1, 2011]
Stephanie Thomas Disability Fashion Stylist
Cur8able Fashion for People with Disabilities
Miss Wheelchair USA Celebrity Judge
[ July 30, 2016]
TEDx talk 
Fashion Styling for People with Disabilities
TEDx Talk [September 14, 2016]
Stephanie Thomas discusses World Disabled Day
CCTV America [December 3, 2016]
La proxima frontera de la moda: la igualdad
CNN [November 4, 2016]
Stephanie Thomas of Cur8able Media Is on a Mission to Change Negative Perceptions of People with Disabilities
Why are there more clothing lines for dogs than disabled people?
The Guardian [June 18, 2018]