Julie Drapier is the CEO and founder of Impetus Finance, a Venture Capital boutique firm advising funds through their investment process and supporting start-ups in their fundraising activities. In this capacity, Julie is representing Air Liquide Venture Capital on the Board of Cellnovo (Euronext-Medtech/e-health), Rapid Oxygen (Medtech) and Proxem (AI-Big Data).
In addition, Julie is a Venture Partner at NextGen VP in Washington, DC and is mentoring a number of start-ups in France and the U.S. via public, private or academic accelerators. Julie is also an angel investor in EverlyWell and Caeden; and a French Foreign Trade Adviser (Washington D.C. Chapter).
Prior to that, Julie managed Air Liquide Corporate Venture’s investments in the cleantech, healthcare, and digital sectors in Europe, North America and Australia. In this capacity, Julie sourced or assessed more than 200 start-ups and led investments in more than 10 of them at stages ranging from seed to IPO.
For more than 15 years, Julie has been helping companies raise capital and structure projects, including public private partnerships transportation projects and carbon reduction initiatives. Julie piloted the Air Liquide Group’s first carbon reduction projects (CDM and JI), she has also structured or invested in infrastructure projects globally with Meridiam Infrastructure Fund and Dexia Astris Finance.
Julie is based out of Washington, DC and is a graduate of the Ecole Supérieure de Commerce of Paris. Julie also holds an MBA from Insead and is fluent in English, Spanish, and French.
- Venture Capital , impact investing, growth capital and angel investing.
- Start-ups: sourcing, evaluation, equity funding and board management.
- Technologies: Cleantech or Clean technologies (Biogas, Clean Mobility, Fuel Cells, Hydrogen production and storage), Medtech (Diabetes, Artificial Pancreas, Hemodialysis, Oxygen therapies) , e-health and home healthcare.
- Carbon Finance and carbon reduction projects.
- Women on boards, women and entrepreneurship.