The Women’s Media Center hosted The 2011 Women’s Media Awards on Wednesday evening, November 30, 2011 at Tribeca 360 in New York City. Four-time Emmy® Award winning comedian Wanda Sykes hosted the Awards which recognized individuals who have made outstanding contributions to advancing women’s and girls’ visibility and power in media.
The 2011 Women’s Media Awards honored:
- Soledad O’Brien, CNN Anchor & Special Correspondent, received the Broadcast Journalism Award.
- Lara Logan, CBS News Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent & 60 Minutes Correspondent, received the Whole Truth Award.
- Maggie Wilderotter, CEO of Frontier Communications, received the Business Media Award.
- Yanique Richards, Howard University Association of Black Journalists, received the Carol Jenkins Young Journalists Award.
- Sady Doyle, founder of tigerbeatdown.com, was chosen out of 27 nominees by visitors to the WMC website for the WMC Social Media Award.
Watch the recap and interviews from the event:
More Coverage & Photos:
- Read Marianne Schnall's write-up: Media Heroes Recognized
- Check out the Media Coverage for the Awards, ranging from The New York Times to The Huffington Post and in between.
- Flip through our photos from the Awards - and more photos in New York Social Diary
- Get all the details from the press release
- View the full invitation (pdf)
- Watch more interviews from the event: