Women’s Media Center is available for personal, customizable, media trainings for companies and organizations for a fee.
We work with media to train women as spokespersons on a variety of issues, ensuring that women's stories are told and women's voices are heard. We are directly engaged with the media at all levels to ensure that a diverse group of women is present in newsrooms, on air, in print, and online–as sources and subjects.
Our experienced media trainers have trained hundreds of people, resulting in high-profile media hits at every major outlet, including The New York Times, CNN, NPR, People magazine, Business Week, the Today Show, the View, and thousands more. Our team, in partnership with other leading media experts, will teach you the tricks of the trade and help ensure that you deliver excellent information in the most compelling manner. We offer training in the following areas:
- Owning Your Expertise
- Media Landscape
- Critical Elements of a Successful Interview
- Building Soundbites
- Messaging Exercises
- Polishing Your Elevator Pitch
- Personal Presentation Skills
- Translating Interview Skills to Panel Presentations
- Personal Branding
- On-Camera Debate Interviews
- Mock TV Interviews (Friendly and Hostile)
- Writing with an Agenda
- Evaluating Media Opportunities
- Book Proposals
- Phone & Email Pitching
- Branding Review and Branding Statement
- Creating a pitch based on news of the day and email pitching
- One on One Goals Coaching
- Social Media 101
- Leveraging Media Opportunities
For more information about scheduling one of our media trainings and pricing, please contact Janice Ferebee, Director of Programs at Janice@womensmediacenter.com.