Sister Orgs on the Ground in Haiti
January 18, 2010Cross-posted from CodePINK Here are several sister organizations doing effective, immediate, and grassroots disaster relief work in Haiti who will put your donation to use:
- MADRE has worked in Haiti for many years and supporting community organizations on the ground. Donate here.
- Global Fund for Women is directing funds to women’s peace-building efforts and the rebuilding of organizations and communities the disaster to support long-term sustainability. Donate here.
- V-Day is directing funds to the V-Day Haiti Sorority Safe House in Port-au-Prince that provides shelter to women survivors of violence and their children. Learn more and donate here.
- The Lambdi Fund of Haiti is a second responder to the disaster, meaning after the initial assistance in Haiti, the Lambi Fund will be there in the long-term to help rebuild.Learn more and donate.
- CODEPINKer Sasha Kramer works with the organization SOIL in Haiti and will be traveling to Port-au-Prince tomorrow with supplies and to help aid workers translate. For the next few weeks, Sasha and SOIL will be traveling back and forth between Cap Haitien and the capital with supplies and people. All donations made in the next month will go towards earthquake relief.