Not Under the Bus DAY OF ACTION!
January 13, 2010You've signed petitions, written to Senators, and kept up-to-date on the Congressional debates. But the fight for reproductive freedom is far from over, and now is the time to make your voice heard. Not Under the Bus – the WMC's progressive health care campaign that Alternet named in its 10 Defining Feminist Moments of 2009 – asks women to take action today against the discriminatory, anti-choice language that exists in both the House and Senate health care bills. These bills would effectively roll back women's health care coverage in the area of reproductive rights. It's up to all of us to protect reproductive freedom, and your chance is now. Here's how you can TAKE ACTION today:
- Tweet: Take Action today with @NotUnderTheBus. Demand that women's rights be protected in #HCR: http://bit.ly/7u15IG #underthebus
- Post our video to your Facebook page, blog, or status.
- Donate your Facebook status to raise awareness: "Today is Take Action Day with NotUnderTheBus.com. What are you doing to demand pro-choice, fair health care? Take Action. Write an op-ed, call your Senator, sign a petition. Demand that women's rights be protected in health care reform. http://bit.ly/7u15IG"
- Sign and Share Our Petition: Tell lawmakers in Washington to keep women's health care safe, fair and covered and urge them to strike any anti-abortion amendments from the final bill.
- Visit our Take Action page for more ideas!